Skip to main content

Stupidly stuck with you

The day was like any other day,
I was working
typing at my computer
cursing its stupidity
Thinking of you.

Wind gushes,
the white sheets flutter
a moment in time
something within myself
is alive through you
I feel dissolved
the constant motion of cars
buildings douse in the
summer afternoon sleep

I watch your un-even breathing
I smell your skin
your touch magnifying
somewhere deep within
and the screams of
the cars evaporate.

After centuries,
and eons, births of suns
and deaths of stars,
I re-think of you,
the loss of you
something missing,
something missed.

Past that corner,
I see her with you
I see you smile with her
and I am still
stuck with you,
just stuck with you,
Simply stuck with you.

Comments

  1. hi this is priyanka(amrita's sister you had met amrita on your way back from Pune) .. I am part of he editorial team of www.writersmelon.com. it is an initiative to promote talented writers like you. Please visit us and send in your best creative piece of writing at editor@writersmelon.com. Thankx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is about whom?Very beautiful...like the part when you say the car sound evaporates...:)..!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment